Have you ever gotten really excited about a goal or project, such as speaking a new language, just to realize a few weeks or even only a few days later that your excitement and motivation have failed? I have. It’s always such a bummer…and it’s frustrating. We’re ambitious people! We want to be successful and progressive! We should be able to accomplish these extremely reachable goals! Well, one of the best ways I’ve found to overcome this tendency to burn out like a shooting star is to frequently read/say motivational quotes and then do something right away to implement those quotes.
There are thousands of motivational quotes out there. My suggestion is to start with a simple search on Google. I have collected a few over the years, and here are some of my favorites:
- “I will do today what others will not do, so tomorrow I can do what others cannot do.” – Randy Gage
- “Nothing is withheld from us what we have conceived to do.” – Russell Kirsch, invented the first computer
- “Just do it.” – Popularized by Nike
- “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Build upon strengths, and weaknesses will gradually take care of themselves.” – Joyce C. Lock
- “Above all, challenge yourself. You may well surprise yourself at what strengths you have, what you can accomplish.” – Cecile Springer
- “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.” – Robert Anthony
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
- “Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
- “Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
- “There is no man living that can not do more than he thinks he can.” – Henry Ford
I hope you’ve found one or more of these to add to your collection. Regardless of what goal you are working on or weakness you are trying to overcome, a positive attitude can make all the difference. Use motivational quotes to help you succeed. Comment and share your own favorite quotes!